Cannot Join Domain samba

James Nord teilo at cdt.luth.se
Tue Aug 1 14:32:58 GMT 2000

Rui,

Samba 2.0.x can not act as a domain controler for win 2000 workstations.
Apparantly neither will 2.2.x

For samba to work as a domain controller you will need samba_tng which
is _alpha_ code and sometimes *very* broken. (it normally works better
on Linux than Solaris/sparc)

for more info on TNG see
http://www.kneschke.de/projekte/samba_tng/index.php3

/James

--
Technology is a word that describes something that doesn't work yet.
	Douglas Adams