Samba-TNG 2.5 works for me

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Thu Apr 27 04:58:40 GMT 2000

Hi,

While on my way back from Sydney to Adelaide, I downloaded Samba TNG 2.5
while in the Qantas Club lounge and built it.

Now, sitting at 33,000 feet, I have given it a try, and it works for me.

My first test was loging on from my VMware VM running Win95. Since it now
works that far, I will give printing a try, and if that works, I can use
TNG for everything.

Hmmmm, printing does not work. I am having problems with lp_printcommand
returning a string the does not have %p in it, so the print command does
not get assembled properly.

Will keep working on it.

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, Master Linux Administrator :-),
Co-author, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours
Author: First Australian 5-day, intensive, hands-on Linux SysAdmin course
Author: First Australian 2-day, intensive, hands-on Samba course