[TNG] tool for integrity of smbpasswd file ?

Olivier Brousselle Olivier.Brousselle at univ-lehavre.fr
Thu Apr 27 06:24:10 GMT 2000

Hi all,

Description of my domain :

50 workstations
1 PDC with Slackware Linux 7.0 (kernel 2.2.13), Samba TNG 0.1,
	egcs 2.91.66.
At least 1200 users

I had a strange problem. Last tuesday, my domain was available at 2h00
PM,
and not at 3h00 PM. I've tried to migrate accounts to a new server with
TNG 2.4.1. Config files was the same, /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow form
the
first server. And smbpasswd file too.

On the new server, (slackware 7.0, kernel 2.3.48), smbclient
//NEW_SERVER/user -U user
work, but no connection from a workstation to the domain. The message
was :
The domain is unavailable.

Yesterday, i've tried to recreate entierly the smbpasswd file. And it
work !!!

My question is :

Is there a program to test the integrety of the smbpasswd file, like
pwck to
test /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow on linux ?

Olivier.