Core dump on Solaris 2.7 with latest CVS ...

Anthony Brock abrock at georgefox.edu
Wed Apr 26 17:32:21 GMT 2000

Lastly (I will shut up after this one),

When connecting to other servers (which are domain members, running Samba
2.0.6a), I am only able to connect if my username and password are
identical in the LOCAL smbpasswd file of THAT machine.  If I already have
an account on the machine, but no smbpasswd entry, or if I have an entry
but a different password, I cannot connect.

Also, and of more immediate importance, is when I connect to the PDC and
view the shares.  Regardless of what user I login as, I see the standard
list of shares, and the 'root' share (home directory for root).  Due to the
default directory for the user root on Sun Solaris, this is of some concern
(You can see the entire directory tree of the server).  I do not see what
should be my home directory.  For example, if I am logged in as 'jfk',
there is a listed directory of 'root' and there no directory 'jfk'
listed.  However, if I try to connect by mapping a drive (and manually type
in the entry \\PDC\jfk), I can connect.  Also, the 'net use r: /home' still
works.

Tony