Core dump on Solaris 2.7 with latest CVS ...

Anthony Brock abrock at georgefox.edu
Wed Apr 26 16:38:52 GMT 2000

I downloaded the latest CVS today (April 26, 9:00 am PST) and recompiled
(gcc 2.95.2) on my Sparc Solaris 2.7 (64 Bit).  As usual, I then
transferred the compiled binaries to our domain controller (Sparc Solaris
2.7 32 Bit) and installed them.

Other than periodic slowdowns, the product seems to be working
normally.  However, I am still unable to change passwords remotely, and a
core dump appears every couple minutes (one every 20-30 minutes) with an
associated panic in the log.nmb file.

I this something I should be worrying about, or is it expected at this time?

I configured the source with: ./configure --prefix=/opt/samba-tng
--with-syslog --with-netatalk

If needed, I can include logs or reconfigure and rebuild.

Tony