joining samba-tng2.5 to NT4 domain

Pieter Grimmerink p.grimmerink at home.nl
Wed Apr 26 09:23:08 GMT 2000

No, these are two diffent domains, in different networks.
Actualy, I lied, since I only use this wins support=yes option in the
situation where NT4 is PDC, and samba-tng 2.5 domain member. There is no
other wins server in this network.
In the other network, where another samba-tng server is PDC, this PDC is
also wins server. So in the smb.conf of the member in that network, I use
the option wins support=pdcname.

Apart from that (and the password server=* / pdcname), the smb.conf's of the
domain members are identical (and of course the domain/netbios names are
different, since we're talking about different domains).
I already tried to disable wins support, since that was one of the
differences.
No (positive) effects.

Best regards,

Pieter