joining samba-tng2.5 to NT4 domain

Pieter Grimmerink p.grimmerink at home.nl
Wed Apr 26 08:10:30 GMT 2000

> > With samba-tng-alpha.2.5, I still can't join a (linux) samba
> workstation to
> > an NT 4.0 server controlled domain.
>
> send smb.conf.

Here it is. Note, I use the same smb.conf for a samba-tng 2.4 member of a
samba-tng 2.2 controlled domain. Works fine.
One small difference;
There I use "password server = *", while in the setup we're discussing here,
with the NT4 controller, the smb daemon forks rapidly when I use "*", so I
had to fill in the name of the NT4 server.

[global]
        workgroup = IPC
        netbios name = LINUX
        server string = IPC linux server
        security = DOMAIN
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        password server = ipc01
        keepalive = 30
        os level = 2
        local master = No
        wins support = Yes
        delete readonly = Yes

[cdrom]
        comment = Linux CD-ROM
        path = /cdrom
        locking = No

Luke, I also tried to join the domain with capitals. Did not make a
difference.

Best regards,

Pieter