Rids

Inge-Haavard Hunstad inge at cc.uit.no
Tue Apr 25 19:49:52 GMT 2000

Hi all,

I have some questions regarding the rid. I need to know how important
the rid is in a Samba controlled domain. Can I assign a new rid to a
user without getting any trouble. As I see it it is only the profile
that contains the rid and will be corrupted if the rid of a user
changes. Is this right? If so will I eliminate this problem if I use
mandatory profiles and deletes the local copy when the user log out?
Another problem would be the machine accounts if I change the rid of a
machine account will I have to rejoin the domain?

inge