Samba-TNG2.4.2 and FreeBSD

Michael Glauche mg at plum.de
Mon Apr 24 00:55:32 GMT 2000

> Hi, I am having this really strange problem where samba won't accept ANY
> username & password.  The machine specific logs say something about SMB
> LM/NT Password did not match.  I've tried compiling using the --with-pam
> option and it didn't make a difference.  I can use the latest samba 2.1
> code, and also samba 2.0.7pre4 works. Anybody have any ideas on this?
Thank
> you.

You can test logins within samedit :
samedit -S .
ntlogin <user> <pass>

if that fails, you have some problem with the backend, when this succeeds,
 and NT can't login (as someone posted earlier) the problem lies in TNG.
(2.4.2 does not really work well as pdc, the most recent "stable" seems to
be 2.2)

regards,
    Michael