[Fwd: Problems with 2.4.2 - msrpc redirect failed]

Phil Mayers p.mayers at ic.ac.uk
Sat Apr 22 23:49:31 GMT 2000

I didn't truncate the log - it must have been samba.

I think it would be incorrect to say *any* RPC stuff worked. The
offending bit of code is in smbd, and all RPC-related functions fail.

For example: double clicking on the server in Network Neighbourhood
returns a "the server service is not started" error, but mapping drives
directly works.

However - the suggested fix worked. Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
Phil