o/t info request

Kendrick Vargas ken at hudat.com
Wed Apr 19 21:11:29 GMT 2000

On Wed, 19 Apr 2000, Kirk A Wolff wrote:

> > Completely off-topic I know, but does anyone know if there is a product
> for
> > UNIX which would act as a cheap drop-in replacement for an Exchange
> Server?

I don't know if this was answered yet, but check out HP's OpenMail. It's
available for at least linux and I imagine their own HPUX. It's pretty
cool. It's not quite "drop-in" : you have to install a seperate set of
MAPI DLL's that can talk to the OpenMail server to allow outlook to see it
as an Exchange Server. I played with it a little, but not enough to
actively be enthusiastic about it, so YMMV :-)

And btw... It's free for linux, unless you want support, and that'll cost
you.
			-peace