TNG-2.4.1; 1st domain logon succeeds, none after that

Pieter Grimmerink p.grimmerink at home.nl
Tue Apr 18 22:21:55 GMT 2000

> I log in as SNOWBUG\root; no problems.  I log out and log back in as
> root: the domain is not available and my cached account information is
> used.  I log out again.  I attempt to log in as one of my normal
> domain users, and I am told that the domain is not available.

Same for me, still.
This happens when I try to log into the domain from an NT 4.0 server, which
has been successfully added to the samba domain.

An NT 5 workstation, which has also been added to the domain seems to work
just fine, as well as a samba workstation, added to the same domain.

A similar problem occurs when I, in an other setup, try to add a samba
workstation to an NT 4.0 domain; it seems to join without errors, but when I
try to connect to the samba workstation, the user or machine account seems
to be invalid, according to the logs.

(I'm using samba-tng 2.4.tgz in these setups)

best regards,

Pieter Grimmerink