SMBClient/SMBMount

Chris Tooley ctooley at joslyn.org
Tue Apr 18 21:47:56 GMT 2000

Hello All:

	I have tried to follow this mailing list as closely as possible.  However,
as I have many different hats besides Server Administration, it is not
always possible to read the high volume this list creates.  I appreciate all
the work being done on Samba and, after many failed attempts to correctly
set up a TNG installation, I'm going to revert to the much anticipated 2.0.7
version.  However, I am wondering about the smbmount command.  Am I correct
in remembering that this must be turned on at the time of compiling?  Also,
I tried to find some documentation in the source code but couldn't find any
(I may have overlooked it).  I would really like to mount some shares and
have my home directory on our SAMBA server get mounted to my home directory
on my local machine.  So that I may "attempt" to run Outlook 98 as my mail
client with WINE.

Any help would be much appreciated.  Also I'd like to test my samba configs.
I remember there being some discussion on here on running the "startx --
:1,2,3,..." commands to start different X configurations (this by the way is
how you would run a remote X terminal on a worstation).  However, does
anyone know and could e-mail the filename to put xinit commands into for
each session?  ie could I have a .xinitrc for each terminal so that when I
startx on that screen it will start different applications?  I'm trying to
automate starting up my different OS's with the use of VMWare.

Thank you and I apologize for the off topic questions,

Chris Tooley