Setting Permissions

Cole, Timothy D. timothy_d_cole at md.northgrum.com
Tue Apr 18 15:28:13 GMT 2000

You should be able to use Solaris (POSIX, really) ACLs.

Read the setfacl(1) manpage.  You'll probably find constructs like:

 find DOCS -type f | xargs -n 1 setfacl ...

and

 find DOCS -type d | xargs -n 1 setfacl ...

helpful for setting ACLs on files and directories in DOCS, respectively.

!!! Note that if you use chmod(1) on a file after setting the ACLs, it'll
nuke the file's ACL entries.