Continued samedit problems

Kelly Smelser ksmelser at uindy.edu
Fri Apr 14 13:44:18 GMT 2000

The following is what I currently get under tng 2.4.1.  I checked the
logs and the only thing of consequence is in log.samedit where it gives
a client codepage error (unable to open codepage.000, yet in smb.conf
client code page = 850).  Suggestions?

[root at lazarus]  samedit -S . -U root
added interface ip=192.146.191.75 bcast=192.146.191.255
nmask=255.255.255.0
[root at .]$ createuser ksmelser
createuser ksmelser
socket connect to /tmp/.msrpc/.samr/agent failed: Connection refused
SAM Create Domain User
Domain: UINDYTEST Name: ksmelser ACB: [U          ]
socket connect to /tmp/.msrpc/.samr/agent failed: Connection refused
Create Domain User: FAILED
[root at .]$ createuser smaug$
createuser smaug$
socket connect to /tmp/.msrpc/.samr/agent failed: Connection refused
SAM Create Domain User
Domain: UINDYTEST Name: smaug$ ACB: [W          ]
Resetting Trust Account to insecure, initial, well-known value: "smaug"
smaug can now be joined to the domain, which should
be done on a private, secure network as soon as possible
socket connect to /tmp/.msrpc/.samr/agent failed: Connection refused
Create Domain User: FAILED

K.