TNG definitely not working on my libc5 system

Kurt Fitzner kfitzner at nexus.v-wave.com
Fri Apr 14 08:35:48 GMT 2000

The packets on my cable modem aren't a broadcast to 255.255.255.255, they are
a DNS lookup.  Thing is, they're a DNS lookup for the name 'SMBSERVER'.  It
tries 6 lookups with various attempts at upper and lowercase versions of
SMBSERVER and SMBSERVER.v-wave.com (my domain).

>From a cursory glance at the source, it looks to me like SMBSERVER is supposed
to be a string that is replaced by the actual host name.  Problems with
string functions in libc5?

If you want a tcpdump file of what's going on, let me know.

        Kurt.