Problem with joining domain: not proper credentials?

Kirk Wolff kirk at n0tia.ampr.org
Fri Apr 14 04:45:25 GMT 2000

I have yesterday's build rom the cvs.

I have followed the FAQ, and I get the following error when I try to add my workstation to the samba-tng pdc controlled domain (in an AfxMessageBox)

The following error occurred attempting to join the domain "N0TIA":
The credentials supplied conflict with an existing set of credentials.

Is this because I have the admin on the workstation with the same password as the domain admin?  Which user/passwd should I enter when I get the window?

"Domain Username And Password"
Enter the name and password of an account with permission to join the domain.
Name:
Password:

Like I said:  I followed the FAQ explecitly, I also tried the following from within rpcclient (of which worked fine once I added the '.' after the '-S' on the rpcclient command line... (took me an extra look at the w-page)

Have any ideas? or am I too vague?

Thanks in advance: Kirk