Samba-tng 2.3 .samedit/connectivity issues

Kelly Smelser ksmelser at uindy.edu
Thu Apr 13 20:18:59 GMT 2000

Kind of a dumb question but can anyone offer up the proper init scripts
to start the samr daemon?  Here's the excerpt I have from init.d/smb
that I created:

case "$1" in
    start)
        echo -n "Starging SMB blah blah"
        daemon /yadayada/smbd -D
        RETVAL=$?
        echo
        echo -n "Starting NMB blah blah"
        daemon /yadayada/nmbd -D
        RETVAL2=$?
        echo
        echo -n "Starting samrd"
        daemon /opt/samba-tng/sbin/sarmd -D
        RETVAL3=$?
        echo
        [ $RETVAL -eq 0 -a $RETVAL2 -eq 0 -a $RETVAL3 -eq 0 ] && touch
/var/lock/subsys/smb || \             RETVAL=1
        ;;

This was kind of a from nothing add on that I did, and the service is
starting.  However, when doing a smbpasswd -a root I still get a
"connection refused" and when doing a createuser in samedit I get a
little further than before but get a "socket connect to
/tmp/.msrpc/.samr/agent failed:  Connection refused"  Any suggestions?

K.