Help a rookie: Samba 2.0.5+RH 6.1+Existing NT domain working

Dan Christopherson danch at danch.com
Wed Apr 12 16:17:40 GMT 2000

Have you tried connecting by the full UNC name ('\\7OF9\test') - you can
do 'Start|Run...' from the Win98 desktop and type this to open an window
on that share without mounting it.

A common problem is that Win98 likes to use NetBEUI rather than NetBIOS
over TCP/IP. I simply remove NetBEUI from my windows machines, but I hear
that they can be persuaded to use TCP first.

Dan Christopherson (danch)
STR Technical Architect (www.str.com)