Bad stub data? - Win2K + TNG

Michael Breuer mbreuer at siac.com
Wed Apr 12 13:16:45 GMT 2000

I've seen the "bad stub" message when entering an incorrect password (or at least a password that Samba believed was incorrect).
Pay particular attention to the mapping between /etc/passwd, smbpasswd and the various usermap entries.  I've also seen in several
older alpha releases that to join a domain required the unix root account and that the samba administrator account had to be the
unix root account and share the same password.  I don't know if this is still true... I haven't retested this lately.

Lastly, if this is not your problem, then the others on the list more proficient than I will likely need debug level 100 logs from a
system compiled with password debugging enabled (built with configure.developer).