How do I configure TNG x.x ?

Andreas Grimmel healer at monet.fh-friedberg.de
Mon Apr 10 23:13:53 GMT 2000

Michael Glauche schrieb:

> Andreas Grimmel wrote:
> >
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > I'm new to Samba-TNG (I was using 2.0.6 before) and I already (WOW! :-)
> > ) found out that smbpasswd -a -m has been replaced by samedit
> > createuser.
> > So I tried to set up my first domain user by typing "samedit -S
> > seniormember", and I got the following message running TNG 2.2 (same
> > with 1.9):
> >
> > Server: \\SENIORMEMBER: User:   ROOT    Domain:
> > Connection:     socket connect to /tmp/.smb.0/agent failed: Connection
> > refused
>
> this is normal
>
> > error connecting to 192.168.77.5:445 (Connection refused)
>
> that is also normal ;)
>
> > failed session setup
> > cli_net_use_add: connection failed
> > FAILED
>
> Hmm .. that one is strange ..
>
> Can you try "samedit -S ." on the server ?
>
> in samedit you can also try "ntlogin" to simulate a NT machine login
> request,
> and see if it works.
>
> Regards,
>    Michael
>
> --
> Samba Information HQ (in german)
> http://www.sambahq.de/

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the tip with "samedit -S .", that one works better (don't know why
but that's the more unimportant thing at the moment).
But still got problems with createuser (by the way: am I just too blind to
see or can't i try ntlogin when no user/machine account exists, because that
fails at the moment?), this is what I get when I try to set up a new user:

[ROOT at .]$ createuser healer
createuser healer

socket connect to /tmp/.msrpc/.samr/agent failed: Connection refused
SAM Create Domain User
Domain: DB-TEST Name: healer ACB: [U          ]
socket connect to /tmp/.msrpc/.samr/agent failed: Connection refused
Create Domain User: FAILED

thanks a lot again... :-)

Andreas