samba-tng-alpha-2.2.tar.gz

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Mon Apr 10 07:13:59 GMT 2000

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Panagiotis Malakoudis wrote:

> Is it just me this version boosts the login procedure speed. I've never seen
> a login so fast.

whoa, that's kinda cool.  i wonder why it's so slow here... um, oh yes:
vmware and log level = 100, that'd do it :)

> I guess this is mainly why most of us are using TNG. To get
> rid of you-know-what.

be nice, i work _with_ you-know-what, not against you-know-what.

> Grear job Luke.

thx!  thanks to everyone who keeps sending bug-reports, patches, log-files
and encouragement.

> I just cannot figure out what are the steps to create an inter-domain trust
> relationship. Are there any docus?

hmmm... you want to write them? :)

ok, you can try it out (i haven't for a while).

firstly, can your system cope with unix usernames (/etc/passwd) like this:

DOMAINNAME\username

(*tee hee* :)

guess what i'm up to :)

me and andrew have been talking, again...

ISBN1578701503 DCE/RPC over SMB: Samba and Windows NT Domain Internals