OT: ACLs for Linux

Dominik Kubla dominik.kubla at uni-mainz.de
Sun Apr 9 09:22:09 GMT 2000

On Sun, Apr 09, 2000 at 06:20:43PM +1000, Edward Schernau wrote:
> If anyone has any experience setting this up, I'd love to hear it.

Look at http://acl.bestbits.at/.  I had it working on x86,  SPARC and Alpha
until i had  to migrate to the  2.3.x kernels for my  development work. Not
much of a problem to set it up if you follow the instructions.

Most important is to replace the fsck  tool so you don't "fix" the ACL disk
blocks. Biggest problem  right now is that nobody implemented  the ACL over
NFS protocol, so using ACL's together with NFS is not supported. (I started
once, but  never got very  far...) And you are  locked to the  2.2.x kernel
series at the moment.

Most important: This is BETA quality code. Use it at your own risk!

Andreas, did i miss something?

Dominik
--
  Networking Group,  Hospital of Johannes Gutenberg-University
  Obere Zahlbacher Straße 69, 55101 Mainz, Germany