request not supported (setgroups call)

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Sun Apr 9 01:55:09 GMT 2000

On Sun, 9 Apr 2000, Michael Mühle wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Apr 2000, Joe Rhett wrote:
>
> > You didn't read what you quoted of what he said.
> >
> > Win9x systems aren't domain clients. You - the user - can authenticate
> > against a domain server, load your profile and run login scripts. But the
> > system itself doesn't login to the domain, like NT systems do. Thus, no
> > need to create entries in smbpasswd for win9x systems.
> >

> The question is not wether I need entries for win9x systems on Samba-TNG
> but that I can not login anymore to the server with error message
> request not supported in latest cvs.

track it down by doing a cvs -t co -D "4 days ago" -r SAMBA_TNG samba

then narrow it down with a binary search till you find the version that
does and does not work.

tell me the cvs date and time and the +/- range, do a diff -r on the two
directories you find.

this will tell exactly what code went into cvs that broke it.

i don't use win9x, so if win9x matters to people, they will need to do
this themselves, not me.  i will fix the problem... _if_ someone else
tracks it down.

thx ppl.

p.s. big hint: it's likely to be in nmbd/nmbd_processlogon.c.

p.p.s. another hint: try running with 2.0.6 nmbd and see if that works.