Joining a Domain on a multiple-domain Server

Frederik Meerwaldt Meerwaldt at t-online.de
Fri Apr 7 08:37:38 GMT 2000

Hi all,

I want to replace a NT 4 Server with a FreeBSD Server running Samba. Now
we have in our company a Domain, which supplies multiple domains. In NT4 I
enter in the Join a domain field a domain (Let's say alldomains) and when
I log on, I see 3 domains (which this domain supplies). Do you know what I
mean? But I can't logon to alldomains directly. I have to log on to
DOMAIN1 (this domain is supplied by the main-domain alldomains). Now I
want to join the Domain DOMAIN1, but I want to share folders with users of
other domains (which supplies the main-domain alldomains, too), too. For
example: I tell Windows NT 4 to join a domain. Domain
Name: alldomains. Username to Join is: DOMAIN1\frederik and my normal
password. Then it tells me, that I have successfully joined the domain
alldomains. At the Login Screen I see the domains DOMAIN1, 2 and 3. But I
log on to DOMAIN1.

My Questions:

- How can I log on to DOMAIN1 over the main-domain alldomains
- When I share a directory, I have to create a local user, and then I
share the directory and the username will be verificated with the PDC of
the Domain I am logged on to. But now, I am logged on to Domain1 and want
to let a user, which is on Domain2, access the share. How do I have to do
this?

Hope I have explained my question clearly. If there are any further
questions, ask. THANKS IN ADVANCE
--

Best regards,
	Freddy

Homepage: fmeerwaldt.homepage.com
Last update: 11.03.2000
Very good OpenVMS HowTo's, DHCPD Howto, VXT2k NetBooting HowTo, and a
little bit about me.