samba-tng 1.8 woes..

geoffrey lee snail_talk at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 6 11:06:48 GMT 2000

hi,

ok thanks, i've got the computer to join the domain ..but, i can't get it an
account to be the admin. all the dameons started fine when i delted the
*.SID files in /etc and redid everything. i would like to up to tng as soon
as possible to save me futuer NT PDC trouble when upgrading to the next
major samba release.

i'm using domain group map = /etc/domaingroup.map and local group map =
/etc/localgroup.map in smb.conf, and

in domain gruop map i have

group="Domain Admins"

and in local group map i have

group=BUILTIN\Administrators
user=Administrator

can someone help me out here? oh btw, i'm upping from my 2.0.6 box, and
profiles are stored on /home/user/profile. i can't get the old profiles to
load ..i've not set any specific profile settingsin smb.conf, (i.e. no
[profiles] share, etc.) it's all the default settings.

Geoff.