Samba, domain logons & individual access control

Giulio Orsero giulioo at pobox.com
Thu Apr 6 07:53:24 GMT 2000

On Thu, 6 Apr 2000 12:59:26 +1000, hai scritto:

>1) I'll want to make individual access control in windows loading userlist
>from samba server. How to do this? I found config lines like domain groups,
Win9x cannot load userlists from samba-2.0.x.
You have to use win9x in share level security.
You can try TNG branch if this is important to you.
Or see a manual workaround:
http://bstc.net/~brian/docs/

>2) Same question, but for global policies for windows. I guess it will have
>same solution like the first question, but microsoft products are
>unpredictable.
You can use policies made with poledit.
However I don't know if you can apply them to groups.

>3) Which security level should I use?
In samba
security = user
In win9x share level, unless TNG or workaround.

http://huizen.dds.nl/~jacco2/samba/dos.html

giulioo at pobox.com