samba-tng-alpha-1.8.tar.gz

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Thu Apr 6 06:08:19 GMT 2000

On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Michael S. Hulet wrote:

> I was busy for a week and Samba went from alpha-1.3 to 1.8 (amazing!).  I

:)

> 3.  I have a Digital Unix 4.0E server for samba and a Redhat 6.0 server
> for samba.  Profiles on the Redhat box are updated a lot faster on logout
> 30 seconds versus Digital Unix 2 minutes 30 seconds.  There is a lot of
> activity on the profile share although not much is changed.

yes, i think NT clients check the time/date stamp on individual profile
components, and don't write them in if the file hasn't changed.

now that smbd is from cvs main, jeremy should probably assess this one.

i take it that's taking a really, really long time on DG/UX....

> 6.  Still had to do a chmod 755 on install-sh for Digital Unix 4.0E
> however.

elrond?

> Please tell me if you prefer more formal reports.  This way was the
> fastest way for me to report my observations.  The administrator
> priviledge thing was interesting so I wanted to send a quick note.  Sorry
> I can only send observations and not solutions.

these are fine, michael, and much appreciated.

we're working on the group/alias/user - related thing, all i can say is,
it's horrendously tricky, and it's got to be right.  still thinking about
it (two years and counting!)