More diddling with ./configure

Geoff Davis gadavis at cs.ucsb.edu
Wed Apr 5 23:00:19 GMT 2000

Well, I did some poking around in ./configure to see what was happening.
According to confdefs.h at the point of checking for fcntl (mispelled in
my last email),
#define HAVE_SYS_FCNTL_H 1
#define HAVE_FCNTL_H 1

The program that it runs to check compiles, but exits with a 1 status.
According to config.log,
configure:9780: checking for fcntl locking
configure:9793: gcc -o conftest -O   conftest.c  -ldl -lcrypt 1>&5
configure: failed program was:
#line 9789 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#include "./tests/fcntl_lock.c"

Uhh, why did this work last week but not this week?

Once again, this is a Mandrake 7.0 system, AMD K6-2.

Also fails at home on my Intel Celerey 400 system.

/geoff