Samba on Linux with no ACL's is making things tough

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Wed Apr 5 17:36:04 GMT 2000

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> *laugh*.
>
> this is fantastic, and very funny.
>
> i should mention at this point that one of my sub-projects that i am
> seriously considering is abstracting security in the linux kernel (i.e
> doing a decent job) and then adding the VAX/VMS (i.e NT) security model as
> an option.
>
> i wonder what linus and others would think? :-)

Well my guess is it would become a separate patch, to be
maintained by you outside the main kernel.

There are several such patches, with various degrees
of success and maintainability already for Linux.

Maintaining a security subsystem is a tricky job though,
not something to be taken lightly.

Cheers,

	Jeremy.