Samba on Linux with no ACL's is making things tough

Paul Rogers paul.rogers at mis-cds.com
Wed Apr 5 08:34:22 GMT 2000

So, are you saying that with Linux, you might and might not implement ACLs
for Linux? If you don't, I think there will be a number of people dropping
Samba servers on Linux boxes in favour of NT - a great shame. I for one have
been hoping this would be implemented for a long time.

Paul Rogers,
Development Analyst.

MIS Corporate Defence Solutions Limited

Tel:		+44 (0)1622 723422 (Direct Line)
		+44 (0)1622 723400 (Switchboard)
Fax:		+44 (0)1622 728580
Website:	http://www.mis-cds.com/

The information contained in this message or any of its
attachments may be privileged and confidential and
intended for the exclusive use of the addressee.
If you are not the addressee any disclosure, reproduction,
distribution or other dissemination or use of this
communications is strictly prohibited.

The views expressed in this e-mail are those of the
individual and not neccessarily of
MIS Corporate Defence Solutions Ltd. Any prices quoted
are only valid if followed up by a formal written quote.

If you have received this transmission in error, please
contact our Security Manager on 44 (0) 1622 723400.