NT network, without a domain?

Snail Talk snail_talk at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 3 10:55:44 GMT 2000

hi,

--- Bostjan Muller <neonatus at gimp.thz.net> wrote:
> I guess I wasnt quite clear.
>
> 1. I would like to have my nt box logon to a domain.
> Can that be done in a
> branch other than Samba-pdc?

sure. you can use either the tng branch or the stable
ones >= 2.0.3. i'm using stable now but i might
actually try out tng, since now that luke's afctually
merged the smbd with cvs main ...

> 2. How do I add a machine - I did the rpcclient
> logon as root, than createuser
> machine$ isn't that enough?

try useradd to create a entry for the machine in
/etc/passwd and then use smbpasswd -a -m machinename
as root ...