becoming local admin on NT

Melissa Thrush mmt4q at ee.virginia.edu
Thu Sep 30 15:12:26 GMT 1999

I'm running Samba 2.0.2 as a PDC on a Solaris 2.6 NIS master.  I don't
have everything working correct (unix password sync and profiles) but I do
have "administrator" privileges when I log into the domain by adding the
following to my smb.conf:

; needed for "staff" group members to have administrator priv. on pcs
domain admin group = @staff

Where "staff" is a group listed in /etc/group or /var/yp/group

staff::10:me, you, bob, mary

The "domain admin group" setting is not in use in the CVS Head branch.
Take a look at summer 98 entries regarding domain admin group in NT-DOM
archive.

Hope this helps,

Melissa

--