[Florian Laws: Re: how do I become a domain administrator]

Michael.Keightley at quadstone.com Michael.Keightley at quadstone.com
Fri Sep 24 08:09:21 GMT 1999

> On Fri, Sep 24, 1999 at 02:26:27AM +1000, Mayers, P J wrote:
> > The Domain Admins group must be a member of the local administrators group.
> >
> > Also, I'm not sure:
> >
> > localgroup.map
> > --------------
> > pcadm=BUILTIN\Administrators
> >

> > ..is correct. You might want:
> >
> > wheel=BUILTIN\Administrators
>
> I noticed this on my version of 2.1prealpha from half a year ago, too.
> Isn't it a bit strange that Samba depends on the mapping being to the
> group wheel for it working?
>
> Florian

---- End of forwarded text ----
Group wheel is BSD speak,  there is no group wheel in Solaris or HP-UX,  DG-UX,
NCR Unix etc...  Does this mean group root (GID=0)?

Michael
--
Michael Keightley <Michael.Keightley at quadstone.com>    Tel: +44 131 220 4491
Systems Manager,  Quadstone Limited,                   Fax: +44 131 220 4492