Login from NTWorkstation 4

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Fri Sep 24 01:53:42 GMT 1999

At 11:44 AM 24/09/1999 +1000, jonalee at kalsoft.online.sh.cn wrote:

>I successfully add my NT Workstation into that domain (NT Workstation 4 with
>SP4 and IE5 installed)
>The question is that do I have to add my login name into smbpasswd file then
>I can login?

Yes, the workstation being allowed tp join is a totally different thing to
authenticating whoever is using the workstation.

>Another question is that when I use the following command:
>#smbpasswd -a myname
>It prompt for password. I follow the document type ENTER. But the smbpasswd
>think it's null password.

You should type your password when prompted for your passwd. Where do the
docs suggest you should put in a NULL password ?

>(When I type the password, it tell me it's wrong).

I should hope so !

David
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au