questions

Mayers, P J p.mayers at ic.ac.uk
Thu Sep 23 16:17:30 GMT 1999

1) I don't think Samba can maintain trust relationships with NT domains
(yet).

2) No - you can use PAM_NTDOM (or is it called PAM_SMB these days) to
*authenticate* users from an NT domain, but you'd need the equivalent of
NSS_NTDOM to be able to have the users appear "local".

<Note - you can "kind of" do this - see the "add user script" parameter of
smb.conf>

Luke Leighton mentioned something about nss_ntdom a while back - anyone have
any ideas?

That said, the nss interface is really easy, it shouldn't be too hard to
implement (and would be a *massive* improvement over "add user script" -
ugh)

Cheers,
Phil