SAMBA pdc and ldap

Seth Vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Wed Sep 22 17:07:15 GMT 1999

I've read the smb-ldap howto that I was pointed at.

I have a few questions regarding system integration with the unix side

Is there any good way to keep my samba smbpasswd synced in the LDAP
database synced with the unix user ldap entry?

I'm attempting to make the LDAP database my one-time pass for all users
and I'm trying to figure that part out.

when I attempt to ./configure --with-ldap on my system I get a
configure summary failure.

I got my sources from CVS yesterday.
are there any known "better" revision dates in the CVS system?

I've consulted the mailing list archive on this and haven't found anything
that had an answer. jerry carter has been immensely helpful in the PDC
configuration but I am now wondering about the LDAP integration.

thanks

-sv