Errors in log.smb

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Wed Sep 22 12:42:21 GMT 1999

John Rooke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am running Samba 2.1.0-prealpha on SuSE Linux 6.0 as a
> PDC for out NT Workstation 4.0 network and am getting the
> following in log.smb. Anyone got any ideas what is wrong?
>
> [1999/09/22 12:05:05, 0] passdb/sampass.c:getsamfile21pwent(108)
>   trust account john$ should be in DOMAIN_GROUP_RID_USERS

from the Samba NT Domain FAQ...

2.6.  I keep getting the message "trust account xxx should be in
DOMAIN_GROUP_RID_USERS."  What do I need to do?

Nothing.  This is a note that one of the developers put in
to remind him of a issue that is yet to be resolved.  It is
harmless and should be ignored.  If you find it filling up
your debug logs, you can set it to be logged at a higher level.
Edit passdb/sampass.c and locate the string.  Then change
the debug level from 0 to 3 or higher.

Cheers,
jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter