BUG: 16-bit setup.exe issues

Stephen Waters swaters at amicus.com
Mon Sep 20 18:19:51 GMT 1999

yes, that would have been my first thought except that it worked fine
off of a WinNT 4.0 server whereas it did not work on samba in the exact
same directory structure. on the samba box there is an error that says:

"Cannot find file \\server\public\\temp\setup.dll. check to ensure the
path and filename are correct and all libraries are available."

notice the second set of \\ ?  that's where long_dir_name should have
been. if i simply move the temp dir up one level to \\server\public\temp
then it works b/c there are no longer any long dir names in the UNC
path.

i also notice that there's an error in the logfile, perhaps unrelated:
[1999/09/20 12:47:32, 1] smbd/nttrans.c:call_nt_transact_ioctl(2387)
   call_nt_transact_ioctl: currently not implemented

-stephen