group file - policies

Doug VanLeuven roamdad at ibm.net
Mon Sep 13 16:48:56 GMT 1999

This is from the AIX tech lib: wwqa item: RTA000070639
How many groups can a user belong to ?
There is how ever a limitation on the '/etc/group' file such
that each line can not be more than 1024 bytes in length.
This limit can be subverted by simply placing the group on
the following line and continuing the user list.

--
Doug VanLeuven : 707-545-6933 (voice) 707-545-6945 (fax)
Programmer/Analyst, SCWA : doug at scwa.ca.gov
Chief Engineer, USMM : roamdad at ibm.net