group file - policies

Alexandre Lecuyer Alexandre.Lecuyer at iu-vannes.fr
Fri Sep 10 08:52:45 GMT 1999

Hello all,

In order to get the policies to work, the users
have to be listed in the group file, after the group
corresponding to their GID. This has been working
fine for awhile, but now we have groups of 100 ppl
and more. I had to recompile the ypserv package
on the linux NIS server to allow longer lines in
the maps. This is fine for all linux machines
(samba is running on a RH 6.0), but it breaks
old SunOS and AIX ypclients.

Is this still required in the latest CVS or is there
a way to get samba to get the primary group from passwd ?

Thanks,

--
Alexandre Lecuyer
CCRI IUT-IUP de Vannes