NT Workstation can't log into domain...

Hanson, Don dhanson at seek.com
Tue Sep 7 22:40:32 GMT 1999

Hello,

I replaced my NT Server a while ago with RedHat Linux, now version 6.  Samba
(version shipped w/ RH6.0) is configured and IP-MASQ providing Internet
access via DSL to a couple of Win9x boxes.  For work purposes, I need to
fire up NT Workstation 4.0 sp4 on one of the Win9x boxes, which was setup as
dual boot long ago.
   My problem is that NT Workstation gives "Cannot find domain server..."
when I try to change from a Workgroup to Domain Black-Box in Network
properties.

I've set this up before, but I must be missing something (hopefully
obvious).  I have the Registry setting EnablePlainTextPasswords set to 1.
I'm using the same account name/password on Workstation as I do from 98.
The machine has the same static IP 192.168.1.2, Gateway-DNS Server-Wins
Server 192.168.1.1 under Workstation and 98.

My friend is running almost exact same configuration, RH6.0 etc. and logs in
just fine.  Below is sections of my smb.conf file

Thanks in advance,
Don

 [global]
workgroup = BLACK-BOX