help with password syncing

Cabler, Adam W adam.w.cabler at lmco.com
Tue Sep 7 20:21:50 GMT 1999

I am still having problems getting this to work, so if someone can help, I
would appreciate it.  I am running NIS+ on an SGI Origin 200 w/ IRIX 6.5.4.
When I turn on password syncing, I get an error that "Unable to connect to
127.0.0.1, Bad Password, etc..."  I have tried to turn on password chat
debug on, but (and this is really weird) when I try to boost the log level
of samba and restart through swat, netscape gives me an error, "No Data on
Form" and won't refresh that screen until I lower the log level.  I have
never encountered this in the entire time that I have dealt with samba.  If
I try to do this manually, I get Internal Panic and samba won't restart
until the log level is lowered.

Thanks for your help,
adam