problems with samba 2.1.0-prealpha

Matthias Keller maedde at maedde.de
Fri Sep 3 10:48:17 GMT 1999

hi,

because my samba 2.0.4b wasn't able to act as pdc,
i've downloaded the newest version of samba from
the cvs tree.

but now, i'm not able to use swat. when i try to log
in as root with the correct smb-password, i get
access denied.
also i can't set "domain admin group" in the smb.conf-file,
because it is an unknown variable for samba 2.1.0-prealpha.

are these errors caused by a misconfiguarion or by
the prealpha stadium of my samba version ? if it
is caused by the version, where can i get the
newest final cvs version of samba ?

thanks for the help

matthias