security=domain

Thomas Heiligenmann thomas.heiligenmann at t-online.de
Thu Sep 2 16:27:27 GMT 1999

Daniel Jung wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I finally managed running Samba with an Windows NT-PDC in a single
> domain.
> But now I´ve got a problem:
> Using "security=server" I can access the Samba-Server without any
> problems.
> But after setting "security=domain" I can´t access it any more.
>
> What may be the problem.
>
> Yours
> Daniel Jung

I had the same problem a few days ago ;-)
Although the Samba-Server authenticates users against the PDC under
"security=server" it still runs in "workstation mode" without being a
member of the NT domain.
"security=domain" requires the Samba-Server to join your NT domain
first. Just follow the steps as described in
...your-samba-dir/docs/textdocs/DOMAIN_MEMBER.txt and anything will work
as you expect.

Cheers,
Thomas