[latest cvs] rpcclient "sam*" commands have GNU readline completion

Seth Vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sun Oct 31 15:17:46 GMT 1999

> add shares/delete/enum shares would certainly be nice. Is remote start of services in this
> neck of the woods? Would like to be able to start/stop a stopped/running service ...
>
>    I've been playing with rpcclient to do simple remote admin
> scripted with perl but having to resort to NT4 workstation and server manager
> for domain to remote start scheduler ( or poke registry and reboot ..)

I second this. We're trying to setup a series of machines in a lab that
are nt workstation from 8am->9pm and are beowulf nodes from 9pm->8am. It
would be nice to be able to send a signal to all of the NT machines in a
row and bounce them over to linux and/or start a process that either reset
lilo then rebooted or it loaded linux the ugly way (via forced loadlin)

-sv