shadow password

Ashish Lal lal at alpha.dtix.com
Fri Oct 29 18:53:26 GMT 1999

I am trying to install the samba suite. I want to view the shared
directories on a Linux box running smbd and nmbd from a NT 4.0 SP4
workstation. I am using version 2.0.3 that comes with RedHat 6.0. I have
gone through the steps in UNIX_INSTALL.txt. But TEST 7 in DIAGNOSIS.txt
always fails (bad password). I think this is because of the fact that my
Linux box is configured for shadow passwords where as samba is not. How can
I solve this problem? Do I have to download samba-latest and compile it? If
so how do I turn on the shadow password flag? Any other way of solving this
problem?
--Ashish