pam_smbpass and ldap

Ward Fenton ward at flashcom.net
Wed Oct 27 00:51:58 GMT 1999

I've got the latest samba cvs tree running as a PDC with ldap. Its working well and the windows/smbpasswd -> unix passwd changing is working well. I wanted to make the reverse true as well and found pam_smbpass and have tested it out to work with my old /etc/smbpasswd type files but it doesn't include code for ldap.

I'm hoping Stephen or someone else besides me would like to hack the code together to allow this pam module to find ldap entries the way the smbpasswd code currently does.

Thanks in advance.
Ward Fenton
Amazing Media, Inc.