[Fwd: Re: Dear God I need help]

Anthony L. Sollars sollarsa at starofthesea.pvt.k12.or.us
Tue Oct 26 15:42:26 GMT 1999

dear all,

Looks like you want to run NT as the PDC, and samba to serve up the file
sharing. I have this configuration running on my network and it is
bullet proof. NT being the PDC requires it to be the authenticator, but
in actuality both NT and samba on the linux box are authenticating to a
certain extent, because the user who needs access to shares served off
the samba box, must have access accounts on both machines. If you have
any questions, please feel free to ask. I know setting this up for the
first time is not the easiest.

Sincerely,

Anthony L. Sollars
Technology Coordinator