Seeing win98 shares from other domain members

Mark Zimmerman mzimmer at hacstx.com
Mon Oct 25 15:49:40 GMT 1999

I am running samba 2.0.5a as a PDC. We have a mix of win98 and winnt
workstations on the network, and one of the win98 machines has a zip
drive that we want to export as a share. From the linux/samba box, I
have no trouble accessing the zip drive but the NT machines cannot
access the share if the user is logged on to the domain. The error
message is "Access Denied".  If the NT users log on to the local
machine instead of the domain, they have no trouble accessing the
share.

Is there something I can do in samba to correct this?

-- Mark Zimmerman